- Turn the oven on to approx. 180C and leave to warm up.
- Peel the lemon and juice it into a bowl
- Use the rind to season the chicken by scoring with a knife along the breast and feeding the lemon rind into the gaps. Season the breast as appropriate
- Next, slice the potatoes into wafer thin pieces and use to fill a ceramic dish. Once the dish is filled, pour over a couple of dessert spoons of double cream and top up with soya milk. Ensure that the fluid is just the just beneath the level of the potato. You just want a couple of spuds poking out of the top
- Shallow fry your courgettes first and then when starting to brown chuck in the tomatos. Add the lemon juice to the frying pan and cook until the majority of the juice has evaporated.
- Hopefully now your chicken and potatos are nearly cooked. Check on them then place a handful of Parmeasan cheese over the potatos to give them that golden brown finish.
- Once cooked, take everything off the heat and serve on a warm plate. You have just created an organic masterpiece. :p
Saturday, May 12, 2012
Woodland Chicken with Dauphinoise Potatoes & Courgette and Vine Tomato Salad in a Lemon Sauce
An Organic Treat for a Rare Warm Summers Day
This summer sizzler is fresh and light and very quick and easy to make. Perfect for a lazy weekend!!
To serve two
2 Free Range Organic Chicken Breasts
One Large Lemon
Four Potatoes (peeled or unpeeled; it's your choice)
Organic soya milk
A handful of Parmeasan Shavings
A couple of handfuls of Vine Tomatos
A drop of balsamic
And a pinch, or two, of Salt and Pepper